The Health GeoLab Collaborative (HGLC) is managed by the board of the Health GeoLab Inc. NGO registered in the Philippines (www.healthgeolab.org).
The Board of the Health GeoLab Inc. NGO:
- Defines the strategic direction and membership of the HGLC.
- Prioritizes the activities of the HGLC based on the challenges and needs expressed by the Members.
- Evaluates the work performed by the HGLC Management Office.
- Communicates its discussions and decisions that affect or define the HGLC policies, rules, or positions by making summary reports available to all members of the HGLC
- Meet at least once a year or as deemed necessary
An advisory committee composed of representatives from the HGLC’s Membersgip is supporting the Board of the Health GeoLab Inc by:
- Making recommendations and/or provide key information and materials to the in country health sector in general and the Hea;th GeoLab Inc. NGO in particular
- Serving as liaison and advocate for the HGLC to the community they respectively serve
- Assisting in determining activities of importance for the HGLC Members
The HGLC management office is itself having for function to:
- Help the health sector in countries structure needs and challenges into projects proposals publicizes them and facilitates the selection of the final proposal.
- Team with the following groups to implement the priority actions and activities defined by the steering committee and therefore answer in countries’ health sectors needs and challenges:
- Donors to identify and secure funding
- The private sector to establish Public Private Partnership (PPP) agreements
- The Members of the HGLC to:
- Assesses, advises, and guides the government and partners in countries.
- Develop the reference (guidelines, SOPs,..), advocacy, and training material they need to support the implementation of their programs and ensure an homogenous use of these among the HGLC Members.
- Test Application and methods.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of projects and activities in countries.
- Maintains and expand the HGLC membership and the roster of consultant.
- Maintains and animates the HGLC website, the knowledge repository, the network, and the social media platforms.
- Organize, in collaboration with the hosting institution, the annual HGLC meeting.
The HGLC Bylaws provides more information about the functions and responsibilities of each of these entities .